Around 1.400 of hiking paths and 1.300 km of bike routes lead through the sensational scenery of the Zillertal mountains. Along with the Wedelhütte and the Platzlalm, many snack stations and alpine huts are awaiting you here.
Whether a sunrise hike, long-distance hike, or day hike, you will be delighted by the different terrains and changing vegetation.
One special tip is the Hochzillertal loop hiking trail. This easy, wonderful tour takes you to the famous Kristallhütte, where you can enjoy a one-of-a-kind view of the Zillertal Alps.
- Marchkopf (2.499 m), 2 hours walking time
- Wimbachkopf (2.442 m), 1 hours walking time
- Gedrechter (2.217 m), 1 1/2 hours walking time
- Wetterkreuz (2.254 m), 2 hours walking time
- Rastkogel (2.762 m), 6 hours walking time
- various alpine huts (Hirschbichlalm, Alm der Zellbergbuam, etc.) within approx. 1 hour walking distance
Destination IDEAL FOR CHILDREN: Murmelland Hochzillertal at the Kaltenbacher ski hut - with petting zoo, children's marble cave, playground.... within a few minutes walking distance!
E-bike rental station at the Platzlalm (only a few steps away from our chalet)!
With the Zillertal Activcard, you are perfectly equipped for any expedition!
- Daily ride up and down on one of the 11 cable cars of your choice
- Free admission to all 6 outdoor pools (one visit daily)
- Free use of most of the public transportation in the region (except for the steam train)
- Discount of at least 10% with our many partners in and around Zillertal
- Especially for families: children (born in 2007 or younger) enjoy free lift transportation; with the purchase of two adult tickets